Friday, August 22, 2008

So many books

Since the last post, I finished 'Son of a Witch', 'Interworld' and 'Mistral's Kiss.' With that last book, I have read all the books in the Gentry Fairy series except for 'A Touch of Frost' and a new one due out this Fall. Whew, no wonder I have had no posts lately. 'Son of a Witch' is a sequel to 'Wicked.' It is an interesting book that was a difficult start for me, but after the first couple chapters it picked up a bit more. It had lots of links back to 'Wicked' and did have some of intrigue, religion and politics of Oz, but I'd have to say the story wasn't as rich and complicated as that of 'Wicked.' 'Interworld' was a fun little adventure story that I think would make a great SciFi series. It is about time travel, paralell worlds and endless possibilties. 'Mistral's Kiss' was the weakest storyline yet out of this series. I was mildy disappointed and left wanting a lot more. I'll be looking for the next one in the used book store. Speaking of which, I have managed to abstain from the used bookstore, but they are having a big sale this Labor Day Weekend and I have those days off. I am so heading there Friday. My next book will be 'The Shadow of the Wind.' Looks like it will be a great one.

I also been working on the little one's new RenFaire costume. I'll post some pictures soon.

In other news, Inky (my VW) may have found a new home. That is a mixed bag of good news and bad news.

No comments: