Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So long old blue friend

Inky is gone. Yep, sold him this morning. I took for a last drive last night with the daughter and had the husband take pictures. I will miss him, but it is time he goes to a new family that can maybe give him more TLC than I could.

I remember:

- My first and only ticket with you was the night I bought you. I took my friend cruising Friday night and since I didn't have new tags yet, I got pulled over for a fix it ticket.

- The gas fumes that plagued you the first couple years

- The broken fuel gauge that left me stranded only once

- The way you slowly putted up to Mt Hamilton observatory

- The daughter's face light up the first time she rode in the back and felt the rumble of your engine

- The sounds and smells of driving on a clear night and the feel of the air blowing on my face

- Almost maxing out my free tows from AAA in one year

- The constant slow dribble of leaks from under the car

- The looks of kids faces as they saw you drive by

- The friendly waves from other VW owners when we passed on the roads

- Changing your oil and adjusting your valves
- The shimmies were so bad at 55 mph that your side view mirror fell off on the drive home from Hollister and was just praying that nothing else would fall off
- Push starting you when the battery died
- Christmas day picnic at the beach
We will miss you Stinky Inky.



No comments: