Tuesday, June 17, 2008

WHEEEEE!!!! A new swing

I am so proud of myself that I am bragging about what I did last week. I hung a tree swing for the daughter from our huge tree in the front yard. I climbed on the ladder. I tied the knots. And, I didn't fall of the ladder and the knots held. Now, I might be lucky (that could be about 90% the case) or just a awesome. I want to go with " cool mom" for now. The daughter is happier than a monkey in a banana tree and loves being out in the front yard on her new swing. She wants to show anyone who walks by her new swing. She makes all kind of silly noises to draw attention to her new swing. I wish I had done it sooner. Now, I am thinking of getting an old tire and chain and hanging it from another branch. It is an amazing tree in our front yard. I am so thankful to whoever planted that tree smack in the middle of the yard. I'll stop now before my true tree-hugger nature really comes out. However, it has to be one of the best ways I have ever spent $20.

1 comment:

Bluey's Mom said...

That picture makes me giggle!