Friday, May 30, 2008

A knight's tale. . . no longer funny??

Oh no. It hit me. "A knight's tale" was on tv tonight and I switched to it and thought how much I loved that movie and how it made me smile and laugh. We even own on it on DVD. The first scene was a joust with Heath Ledger and I felt overwhelmed with sadness and I almost wanted to cry. No happy-good feelings. I realized it was the first Ledger movie I had seen since he had died. Ugh. I had to change the channel. I am sure this will pass, but I sure wish I had been able to enjoy the movie tonight.

In other news, I have read even more books. Yes, I finished "Outlander"by Gabaldon. Quite the page turner, even if at times I but unbelievable. I really found myself fancying the large Scottish redhead Jaime Fraser. I also finished my other book, "Critical Care: The making of an ICU Nurse." It was great to read a book at times where it felt like the author had read my mind. It was just so validating and made me feel less crazy. The ending was a bit abrupt and hurried, but I think I may re-read it someday. Oh, and yes the book worm frenzy is alive as I even finished "The Golden Compass." I had seen the movie first and found the movie ok with some occasional fantastic moments, but the book was sooooooo much better. I thought the scene in the movie where the polar bears have a huge fight was epic. In the book, it was even more epic. Also, I was constantly amazed at how the author was able to remember or to get inside the head of a 10 year old child. I actually want to see the movie again now and I can't wait for my daughter to be able to read the story.

The other day I browsed the sales piles at the book store and picked up 2 new books to read. "The Mermaid Chair" and "Cold Mountain." They look like two completely different styles of fiction, but they looked interesting.

So, I flipped back to a "A Knight's Tale" and it was a funny scene and I still couldn't laugh. Ugh. I miss Heath.

2 comments:

Bluey's Mom said...

One of the best parts in Knight's Tale: Them dancing to Bowie's "Golden Years".

The first Heath movie I watched was 10 Things I Hate About You.

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

What a bummer. Its sad to lose someone so young and talented.
I want to borrow the Mermaid Chair when you finish. Its supposed to be pretty good. I really enjoyed "The Secret Life of Bees" by the same author.