Saturday, June 28, 2008

That flower on the corner

Just over a year ago (June 7, 2007), I blogged about a random act of decorating. There is a street corner on the way to the daughter's daycare that someone is decorating with fake flowers. Well, this person is still at it and has changed the flowers yet again.

In other news, I can't sleep. I recorded "Cold Mountain" off the tv and watched that when I got home from work tonight, but the house is empty and too quiet. The family is having a sleepover. Something they often do on the weekends that I work. As for the movie, the book and movie ending were almost exactly the same. The movie changed a few elements, but stayed true to the overall story line. The problem with the movie is that the book was actually more rich in detail than any movie could ever really be. The movie was ok and Renee Zelweigger (how the heck do you spell that anyway) was brilliant. She brought the character of Ruby to life for me. She was spot on. I did not like Jude Law as Inman. He was too pretty for the role. I pictured someone a little more squinty eyed and rugged, none of which would be used to describe Jude Law, ever.

Well, maybe I'll read some work magazines. That should put me to sleep. It is getting late and I have to work tomorrow as well. This is the end of day 1 of my 3-day work week.

No comments: