Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Cool stuff in Blogland

I was reading one of the nursing magazines that now show up at my door now. I only pay for one from the AACN, but suddenly I am getting lots of other free ones too. They say, "Act soon. Your subscription is running out" or "This is the last one, we mean it" and yet they keep coming. Anywho, I digress.

The article was about a blog from an ER nurse in the SF Bay Area. Her blog (emergiblog) was getting so much attention she was winning awards and had to change the site to a different server to handle the traffic and interest. So, I checked it out. She had a post there, "I code dead people" that touched a real nerve with me . I have ranted the same thing with my co-workers and sometimes with my friends and poor husband. ( I fear some day he may tire of the hospital stories).

Then, I noticed that there was this long list of other nurses who also blog. I spent the next hour reading nurses blog and ran across a few that nearly fit my profile...the high tech reject that made a mid-career-life change and started nursing. Wow, the people you find in blog land. It almost has me singing, "It's a small world...."

Blogland can really suck up a lot of time from your day.

1 comment:

Newt said...

That's awesome! It's like three good things in one - support network - advice - and a place to relax and enjoy some quiet time