Friday, October 3, 2008

"Tut-tut. It looks like rain."

At least that is what Pooh had Christopher Robin say as he was trying to pretend to be a rain cloud. We have lots of rain clouds in our skies. They are the first I can remember seeing in months and it almost feels muggy outside. Who knows, maybe we finally be blessed with some precipitation tomorrow . . . although that could mean Assistant Coach Dad and Soccer Player Daughter would be playing their game tomorrow in the rain.

Wondering why I haven't posted in awhile? I finished "Shadow of the Wind" and started "A Dragonfly in Amber," by Diana Galbadon. I finished two Renaissance Faire costumes (see picture below). I went to Disneyland for a few days (See pic to the left). I joined facebook.com. Anyone who is on there may understand the time drain that place can be :) And, I have been attempting to hack up a lung, aka battling allergies and asthma.

As for the books, "Shadow of the Wind" sucked me in from the first amazing chapter. I was in love. The first chapters describe a young boy's discovery of that first life changing book. Any avid reader knows what that is about. That first book you stumble across that makes you crave more books by that author or want to own the book or re-read passages multiple times. However, as the book progressed, the plot became so twisted and convoluted, I was about to throw it at the wall in frustration. I couldn't do that though, as it was lent to me by Newt. So I soldiered on, then there was a line where I caught myself saying an expletive out loud and I nearly burned the book. BUT . . . I endured and finished it and it was well worth it. It really was engrossing and full of rich detail. I was transported and loved it for that. I'll keep you posted on the latest Galbadon book.

No comments: