Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I am frustrated, so I write this blog

I was initially going to sit down and type about the day I had a work. I left the hospital today not knowing whether I should cry, scream, hit something or drink heavily. I will keep the summary of my day short by saying I was nearly 2 hours behind on every task until about 1 hour before my shift ended. It was also the last day of my orientation. The next time I work, I will be totally on my own. No more training wheels. So...what do you think? I think I need to cry, scream, hit something and drink heavily!

Then, I got home and had a nice family dinner with a glass of wine. I chatted online with my mom and a friend. I got happier and less angry and frustrated. However, I am still a tad frustrated. I have the cursing now under control.

So, I would like to instead list things that I am happy for and that make me happy and thus hopefully, therapeutically and release all that negative energy. Here it goes (in no particular order):

  • My health and my family's health (see other rant regarding this)
  • I married my best friend, the one who I could actually spend eternity with on a deserted island The singing voice on my 3 year old
  • My dog's big brown doe eyes
  • My house, shack that it is, it is a roof over our heads with a yard for the kid and dog
  • My mom: she really did a lot for us kids and continues to do so
  • A working car
  • My job: most days the job does make me happy and is very rewarding
  • My soft warm bed
  • Flannel pajamas
  • Lotion: my hands love it more after a long day of handwashing at work
  • Beer and the people who make good beer
  • Music: so many kinds of wonderful sounds for almost every mood
  • Comedies and comedians: laughter is sooooooo awesome and necessary to sustain life
  • Massages
  • Shoe shopping
  • Jewerly shopping
  • Having enough money to buy the above items when out shopping
  • Chocolate: how could I forget that special item that is so healthy for you too!
  • Fall leaves
  • The beach: no matter what the weather is, I need the sound of those waves and the feel of sand under my feet
  • Naps
  • My child saying "I am happy" or "I love you, Momma" or "I'm tired and am ready for bed" (still waiting for that last one)
  • Driving a 1978 VW convertible on a nice summer night when the moon is full or the sky is full of starts. I just love the sound of the wind and the purr of the engine.
  • Babysitting offers from the family
  • Car shopping, but not buying.
  • Coffee: some days just wouldn't be possible without
  • Good friends and good conversations
  • Silence
  • Walking in the evening
  • A good stretch
  • Phone calls from someone you haven't heard from in a long time
  • Disneyland
  • Fog
  • San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 on an early Saturday morning before all the tourists and traffic arrive
  • Hugs

Wow. I do feel better and I am sure that list isn't complete. I may have to add more to it later.

2 comments:

Newt said...

You sure made me feel better :-)

Bluey's Mom said...

awww, brought a tear to my eye :)