Saturday, December 30, 2006

My latest happy thing

I have been on the look-out for a good laugh outloud comedy for quite some time, but I just don't watch a lot of tv. I need comedy. Need the laugh. So, the other day on a whim, I saw that this sitcom, "Scrubs" was playing re-runs on the Comedy Channel. I set it up to record on my Dish DVR (aka TiVo knock-off) and I have been laughing ever since. Oh my goodness, what an outrageously silly and funny show, but also at times so full of touching truth. I can't believe it took me 3 years (or is it 4 that the show has been out) to finally watch it.

So, it has me laughing and I am hooked. Maybe it isn't my latest happy thing...I think it is more like my latest addiction. I've watched it 3 days in a row which makes that 12 episodes from Comedy Channel. I was so disappointed to see it won't be on the next two days!! At this rate though, I could be caught up to the latest season in another week or so.

In the meantime, I think I need a Dr Cox poster for my room or something so I can gave him a fake kiss on the lips or slap on the ass everyday (maybe both!). Aw, sweet Dr Cox with his crazy facial expressions and long, LONG rants. My hero. Swoon.

1 comment:

Newt said...

That's too funny. I just did the same thing. I watched Scrubs while waiting for The Simpsons to start and it was love at first sight! I have Season One in my DVD rental line-up. It's very funny and also touching and endearing.

And I was hooked hard in just the 15 minutes or so I caught.