Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I got home from work last night (Yes, I worked in an ICU on Friday the 13th and it wasn't that unlucky. Just a typical day.) and was surprised by the loot in my daughter's bag. She is in kindergarten and they had a party for Valentine's Day in class on Friday. One kid actually had these special Lego boxes that had a Lego rose inside made from about 30 Lego blocks. The box could then be taken to a Lego store to get more Legos for free. My husband and I couldn't even begin to fathom how much a gift like that would cost for 17 kids! Then, there was all the candy, pencils, etc. I sent her to school with Valentine's Day cards that came with little tattoos. I am wondering what happened to the days where you just got a card and maybe one of those chalky candy hearts that had some silly comment on love.

Anywho, I woke up this morning and made pink chocolate chip pancakes in heart shapes for my family. The daughter then was all concerned about the color and if that would it taste funny and so on. Her brain is just growing in leaps in bounds, I tells ya. I enjoyed my coffee in a new mug made by the daughter for Valentine's Day.

Lastly, I took the this picture with my cell phone on Valentine's Day a couple years ago. It is still one of my favorites. Smooch!!!

No comments: